Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Stumbling Towards Finals

Yes, it's final exams week at [insert name of my local classical and Christian school which I cannot use because Tara doesn't let me compromise our security too much]. I like finals week because it jockeys the schedule around and interesting things happen (like some days I teach fewer classes!!).

I say stumbling because I left the house this morning at about 6:52 in almost total darkness and dense fog. Evan and I were almost to HWY 5 when we first applied the brakes, and the Corolla slid! I was able "turn into the spin, Barbie!" and we did not leave the road, nor did we crash into anyone else. Then my contacts started hurting and kept it up for most of the morning. Something cloudy got into my right contact, and even repeated cleanings during the day did little to alleviate this. So I have gone around most of the day in a sort of fog of obstructed vision and wondering how much one can get done in such a condition. I'm also tired and have had odd dreams lately, including one in which my mother was alive again and helping us fight the rabbits that were multiplying in the upstairs walls of our home.

Finals start tomorrow and I still need to revise a test.

1 comment:

Tara said...

You and Evan tried to spin out??? You may have forgotten to mention that little tidbit to me!