Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Little Drama...

Well, I've seen two shows in the past two weeks. One is _ The Miracle Worker_ as performed by Byron High School. This was good to see because we saw it about one month before our own production of the same show. It also showed me how the same show interpreted by different directors will look quite different.

Last night I went with friends (yes, friends... stunning, ain't it) to Angel Street at the theater in Mantorville. They have a lovely playhouse, and the 1880 set was gorgeous!! It didn't hurt that we knew the female lead, who turned in a stellar performance of a woman being driven to insanity by a criminal husband. Classic victorian thriller, quite well done overall.

We are plodding relentlessly toward our own show, hampered by the frustration of illness (I haven't been 100% for at least two weeks) and the reality of many classes being taught while directing. Arrrrgh. But I've seen lots of shows turn out well in the past, and I look for this one to be great too. Please, God.

I started teaching Doug Wilson's Future Men to my adult group at our church. So far it's going well and drawing enough fire to prove that we're saying something important!

As I write, there is a box elder bug crawling across the desk. I'm amazed that the little fellows haven't frozen to death or just become tired of plodding through the house. We have an amazing number of box elders and Asian beetles. Fortunately both are quiet and harmless. We just sweep them up when enough die to make it worth our time.

No comments: