Thursday, January 1, 2009

Surprise Visitor

Like most people, I went to high school. Like most people, I've done my best to forget about high school. And then, wouldn't you know, a friend of mine from high school called about 11:00 this morning and said that he was in town.

I was at Walmart South, and he was at Best Buy. I asked if he needed directions, and he said he had the GPS, which made me think of minivan in Cars that told the cars of Radiator Springs, "Don't need a map. Got the GPS... never need a map again." Of course, Terry, being a farm boy from north of the Cities, doesn't have a minivan but rather a 2007 Ford F-1000000 or whatever the number is. Actually, it's probably an F-350, but I didn't look.

So Terry stayed for lunch, told us all his stories from the past few years (we haven't seen him for 10) and then helped us move some mattresses between our house and Grandpa's. Tara would like me to say that she stretched some potato soup so that it fed another eight people for lunch today after it fed eight for supper last night.

I would like to say that it was good to see Terry, and that some of us will probably make a visit to his Wisconsin farm sometime this winter or spring. We'll just have to see where it fits in.

Evan is now reading The City of Ember.

No comments: