Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Patience Is a Virtue

Work has been sparse -- thinner than any summer in recent memory. I'm not really complaining, but it does make one change his approach to doing business -- somewhat.

For starters, I'm bidding lower. I hate that. We've had so many not-quite-full days that I feel like it's better to get some jobs even if we're not making a ton on each job.

So my bid this morning was at the home of a government schools teacher in her 50's. I washed her windows and helped her redo a bathroom light fixture that she wanted to grace with a different look. I had another bid later in the day, but people aren't saying yes as quickly as they had been the last 2-3 years.

Lord, we need another house to do. A nice big contract. Thank you for all you have done and all you will continue to do for us. Through Jesus we pray, Amen!

1 comment:

Tooz said...

Wish you lived closer...