Sunday, May 18, 2008

Guinea Hens Surrender Young to Omnivore

Sunny Sunday. What a beautiful way to begin the week. And it really is beginning the week. As we become more and more secularized, it seems that Monday is seen as the beginning of a week, but the NT calls this day "the first day of the week," and it seems fitting. "With the Lord begin thy task, Jesus will direct it," declared the hymnwriter many years ago. It truly sets the tone for the days ahead.

I have been saving two guinea hen eggs among the farm fresh chicken eggs. Guinea hens lay in unusual places and it was a rare treat to find two of them in the same general area within a day of each other. Tonight I convinced Tara to scramble them for me and let me try guinea hen ovum myself. Tara reported that the shells were much thicker than the average chicken egg. My tongue reported that perhaps they were a little greasier than the average chicken egg. And no one needed to report that I was passing some of the most foul gases known to man in the hours following dinner. Mustard gas had nothing on these birds.

Tomorrow we start the last week of the 2007-2008 school year. It is a perfect time to release school... before it's hotter than **** and before the attitudes become sour and unpleasant. Pretty soon I'll be telling you that it's all over except the shouting.

2 comments:

Conrad said...

thats fuuny. Mabe you could jar up the smell and sell it as a weapon of mass destruction. Is'nt summer great. Jim check out my blog

Tooz said...

I'm glad you ate them over the weekend, rather than for breakfast on a school morning!