Friday, May 9, 2008

Meet the Realtors

So we had a meeting with our realtors yesterday, since we have had exactly four showings since April 2, and since all of those came within the first ten days on the market. On the positive side we have lost almost all motivation to keep the house show-ready!

Because the meeting was scheduled for after school, and because we do not want to have to drive one furlong further than we need to, Evan attended the meeting with me. Now most seven-year-olds, I suspect, would rather play a game or read a book while attending an adult business strategy meeting. Not Evan. He paid attention through most of the hour-plus discussion and even contributed his insights as appropriate (and sometimes as more than appropriate). Yes, some of his "insights" were obvious to adults and thus not very insightful, but some of them were very much like adult musings on relevant topics. Once he said something like, "So we need to convince them (the buyer) that our house is really, you know, quiet and peaceful and country, but it's still really close to the city."

Yes, Evan. That is the paradox that we are trying to market.

Because I am a glutton for stress, I supported my wife who said that she and Melanie are having a garage sale at our house on Saturday. So last night, we reconfigured the concrete block barn to conceal that which we shall keep and to reveal that which we shall sell. About 9:35 p.m. I realized that I still need to get the white van running adequately to get to school because the white van is the only van that can tow the trailer, which is the only way I can transport a riding mower to a client's house who happens to want mowing today. When I tried to start the riding mower, the battery groaned and the engine coughed. So I had to connect the riding mower to the white van's battery via jumper cables, and finally got the old beast started. After much jangle and wrangle, the mowers were on the trailer and there was enough water in the cooling system of the van to make it to town. So God saved my sorry tail yet again.

I will let you know if I make it home without mishap. (See, this last sentence builds suspense. Tune in next to find out if...)

1 comment:

Tooz said...

Well, did you make it home?