Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Staring Year's End in the Face

We are just a few days from the end of the school year, about eight, I think. Right now there are four eighth grade girls in my room trying to figure out their book project over "The Screwtape Letters". It is amazing how many words per minute an 8th grade girl can say -- easily over 200, I'd guess. JFK was our fastest speaking president, according to historians. In one speech he topped 240 words per minute. I wonder how that would compare to Obama's 3-5 word mantras. But I digress.

Progress on the farm is coming along beautifully. Toby and I are scraping and painting the chicken house as we have time. Evan and Aidan are learning to clean up the yard at the end of the day, and Avery has learned to sleep through the night. Tara is also going to Curves 12 times or more per month because our insurance will pay most of her Curves fees if she does.

As for me, I'm just trying to provide godly leadership in many arenas of life while finishing out the school year's responsibility.

No comments: