Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Been a While

Hello, internets. Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. I had to finish up a school year and get summer business up and running.

The school year ended well except for some over-efficient foolishness. I had been trying to correct tests wherever I was. Apparently I dropped five of them at Assembly of God while were going through graduation rehearsal. I spent hours searching for them (they were after all, final exams) but someone finally brought them back to the school and gave them to Keith. I felt much better after they were back in hand.

The house deals continue to drag along. Not being a patient person, I feel that everything moves too slowly. We have been looking at houses with Greg, and yesterday the last house on tour would have been absolutely lovely for us. It is also reasonably priced: 3+ bedrooms, large yard and house in immaculate condition. Tara loved it. I loved it. The children would have been fine with it.

And there's about a 3 percent chance that we'll be able to get it.

Why?

Well, our house isn't actually sold yet, and when we do receive the offer from J & E, it will be an offer contingent on the sale of their home.

That means any offer we make would have to be contingent also, and since that house is practically perfect in every way, it will no doubt draw lots of non-contingent offers.

In other words, the only way we'd get it is if God wants us to.

I don't know if I've said this yet, but I'm intending to read all the Psalms this summer in order. Then I will know that I've finally read the entire book of Psalms. I like psalms because they seem to be a very human part of Scripture -- all kinds of emotions are conveyed within.

1 comment:

Watterson Family said...

The Psalms are great. Someone gave Adam and I an idea while we were engaged....read the Psalms backwards - one a day - together as a way to count down the days until our wedding. On our wedding day, about a half hour before it started, we found a quiet spot to read number one. it was a good experience to share entering our lives together!
shelly watterson