Friday, June 20, 2008

Slowly Twisting in the Wind

I hate waiting for things. I always have. I know that this is a discipline that God uses in our lives to make us learn to trust Him and to be people of patience and perseverence, but I still hate waiting. Inigo and I would have understood each other.

Today I am waiting to know whether this summer will end with us moving back to town or with us refinancing and winterizing the acreage that we're on. I guess I like either choice; it's just that one has to be made sometime and I don't have a lot of control here.

I started painting the front face of the block building last night. Toby helped a little but soon lost interest and turned it back over to me. I am going to try to get out there and complete it before I go to work this morning. Toby also asked for farm fresh eggs for breakfast. That was when I realized that I'm away too much. I almost never do anything special with the kids (well, they go to job sites with me on occasion, but I haven't made special breakfast or special anything else for a long time).

I think I will go wash my face and see if I can finish the barn.

No comments: