Sunday, June 8, 2008

Today's Searches and Breaking News

Yeah, I know I've already blogged today. Do you wanna make somethin' of it?

Tara was going through our stat counters tonight and informing me of our statistical information. "Well, honey, yesterday I had 16 hits and you had five. And the day before that I had 20 and you had six." Well, now I feel good and valuable in this world. Sigh.

Of course the funnier part is to see what key words people were entering that sent them to my blog. In honor of Boo Mama, I'll list a few of the stranger ones.

Guinea Foul Eggs -- I don't know if that was a typo or just their opinion of guinea fowl eggs. I do have guinea hens, one less since Tara ran over one a few days ago. (**Tara here, we have no evidence that I actually ran over it.)(***Jim here, except it was found dead in the driveway with no evidence of foul play. Or is that fowl play?) We also have three adorable kittens that no one has run over yet. (Anybody want a kitten? I have light gray, gray, and black. The light gray one clings to you with death claws, so I have named him "Cockleburr".)

Scare Central Sioux City Tara -- this one weirded me out. Sioux City isn't central to anything, though Tara can be scary at times. Mostly it's not her fault. She was raised in Sioux City, you know.

Computer Illiterate = Latin Teacher -- There's nothing I can say that would make this one any funnier.

Menards Washing Machine -- Yes, I admit that I shop at Menards, frequently, but I have never bought a washing machine from them. I prefer to buy things used.

The conventional wisdom around church this morning said that Jay and Emily had four showings on their house within the first week and also have received one offer. The offer was the lowball/insulting sort, but still let me emit a barbaric yawp as appropriate here. YAWP! Lord willing, better offers will follow soon, and we will be swingin' into action within a month or so.

Tara and I watched an episode of the Red Skelton show from what must have been the 50's. It is stunning how hokey television was in its early days. The original viewers still seem to have been impressed. The real challenge of television is to unearth something worth broadcasting.

From all of us here at Tractor Antiquus, we're in touch so you be in touch. Thank you and have a good night.

No comments: