Thursday, February 14, 2008

Without Waffles I Am Nothing

That's what I told the 7th graders when we were working on creating a class valentine for the seniors here at [unnamed] Academy. The annual contest goes like this: Each class gets space on the walls in the gym to make a big valentine for the class below it. The winning class gets breakfast made by the cheerleaders In our case, we're the bottom, so we got the senior as our recipients. Anyway, I have the sweetest homeroom this year who all work together without much coaxing or threatening. On top of that, one of the girls is a natural leader who is able to organize and get people working together without being pushy. So she coordinated everyone, got them excited about a plan, and then they all executed together.

And we won!! And we got waffles!!

And I was reminded that competition often seems to bring out the uglier parts of our sinful nature. So I don't know what to think about competition for fun.

No comments: