Monday, April 28, 2008

Another Splendid Day (50th Post)

You should be proud of me, internets. I've now blogged 50 times.

I don't mean the title to be ironic at all. It has been another splendid day. From the successful launch to the on-time arrival at school to the throngs of young people I teach all day, it has been a delight.

Evan and I had a long discussion on the way to school this morning. Sometimes we are quiet or if I'm not feeling together we just listen to the radio and I try not to drive into anything. Sometimes we talk in depth about stuff, which is what we did this morning. He had all kinds of thoughts about gas prices, oil prices on the world market, the sovereignty of God, and why we have to go through trials. It was a very teachable string of moments. It was also a time to talk and share with each other about our lives and our aspirations.

Bluntly, if our house doesn't sell, then we have to make those 5 acres pay us in return for the mortgage, propane, and gas to communte. How we will make them pay is yet to be decided, but I'm thinking orchard, strawberry farm, and egg farm. Evan's thinking horse because all the girls in his class love horses and he figures they would probably love to come out to our place and ride our as yet non-existent horse.

It was a great teaching day. And tomorrow two great men of ACCS will be on campus to see us to our stuff. Yes, it's time for accreditation once again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What to do with your 5 acres to make it pay?

Go rent "Field of Dreams" and you'll have your answer :-)