Sunday, April 27, 2008

Very Quick Thought on Evangelism

If you've been a Christian for a long time, you've probably heard many different approaches to getting your faith in Christ into another person. His eternal destiny is at stake. Her joy will be increased in Christ. Your joy will be increased. God's kingdom will be built. Social change will occur. On and on.

As I was driving away from lunch today, a different thought occurred to me. In the salvation of another person, my supreme concern ought to be my opportunity to glorify Christ. The chief end is not the salvation of any one person. The chief end is the Chief.

So, Jesus be glorified in my words and in my silence. Jesus, be glorified in my smile and in what I disapprove. Jesus, be glorified in my family and my work.

Jesus, you are King of kings! Soli Deo gloria.

No comments: