Monday, April 14, 2008

Longing for Spring and Lightning.

I have been longing for spring, praying, in fact, that God would allow the season to change and restore to us the joy of pleasant weather. But on Saturday He did not yet choose to do that.

Also on Saturday I lost one of our cats. I let it ride along to the dump, and while we were doing recycling, it jumped out of the van and scuttled away to begin a new life. Its name was Lightning, and I liked it a lot. You would think that someone of my age would just take this in stride, but I didn't. When I got home, I started crying over that and all the loss we've had recently. I cried all through lunch, after lunch, into the afternoon. No one really knew what to do with me. Usually the children in the family are upset or angry over the loss of a pet, but none of the boys were even remotely upset. Aidan actually told me (when we were looking for the cat), "C'mon, Dad. Let's go home now."

So if you are discouraged read Psalm 42 and 43. They will be very helpful for you.

No comments: