Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Kid Quotes and Comments

Raising children comes with many delights, not the least of which is listening to their enlightening comments and questions. Here are some of my favorites from today:

"Dad, thanks for helpin' me." -Toby, age 3, who was scraping the peeling paint off the chicken coop with me. I guess he thought he was lead contractor.

"My dad already knows all about that stuff." Evan, age 7, who today told his second grade Latin teacher that he did not have to do the assignment that she gave them. The assignment was to relate the story of Julius Caesar and his conquests to one's parents.

"Dadadadadadadadadada." Avery, age one, who finds 'Daddy' to be both easy and enjoyable to say.


"Dad, if sin had never entered the world, would the laws of physics still apply?" Evan, still age seven. I wasn't quite sure how to respond.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as I told Evan when he asked that
same question:
I don't like "IF" questions
because they usually start with
a false statement and you end up
with an error. Got out of that
one didn't I.