Wednesday, March 12, 2008

National Latin Exam Cometh

Tomorrow my kids in 9th and 10th grades will be taking the National Latin Exam, an international test given to more than 135,000 students worldwide, last I checked. We have an unusual situation. Three or four ninth graders are sick, and since the exams are pre-ordered, I am prepping three eighth grade girls who are far and away the best Latin students in that grade to rise up and take their places.

So we had lunch today and went over a practice exam, along with three ninth grade boys who are really competitive and really into Latin.

It warms my heart to see kids spending time outside of class at an "academic" school to specialize in something they want to learn.

I also received the sweetest apology note today from a student. That warmed my heart as well and reminded me that God really does still move in people's hearts.

1 comment:

Tooz said...

How'd the exams go?