Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break!!

Oh, man. We're finally on Spring Break.

This is good for a number of reasons. First of all, March Merriment is over. The week of fun activities and other interruptions has come to an end. Second, it's a break from the continuous exposure to other people's children. Finally, it is a chance to see my own.

But this Spring Break is something more. It is our bid to get closer to town again and thus closer to school. We are listing tomorrow night, Lord willing.

I think we all have mixed feelings about this. Just when the property becomes lush and green, we may be on our way out. Of course, it may take a while to sell, which would give us a possible spring and summer here. Whatever happens, I feel that it will work out all right.

Things I've done:

--painted like crazy before the listing pictures tomorrow night
--gone out for lunch with our family, Grandpa, and a family visiting church for the first time
--had lunch with another friend who wants to meet for one-on-one

Things I'm hoping to do:

-- finish the house projects (or at least most of them)
-- get papers corrected and be organized for school
-- attend The Truth Project conference on Saturday with another friend from adult ministries

Well, Tara's watching a movie and I really can't concentrate all that well...

Blessings, y'all! Happy Spring Break.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So....how'd ya do on the hope to do list?

Sigh. I remember when Spring Break used to actually mean something.

Jim said...

Well, I made it to The Truth Project training seminar in Appleton, got most of the papers corrected, and of course the house projects never end no matter how many of them you've done. I always seem to drop a ball somewhere.

I have some exciting ideas for this summer's ministry, too.