Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Outstanding in Onawa

My wife's grandmother passed away last week. Her name was Martha, and she really was worried and troubled with many things, just like her biblical namesake. But I enjoyed the woman and actually bantered with her on occasion.

There was no funeral. Instead we had a graveside service right there at the cemetery in Onawa. I have to confess that I enjoyed the trip. The day off from school was probably good for my mental health. The time with family was excellent... we even saw Uncle Bill and Aunt Teresa as well as Uncle Joel from Texas.

On Saturday morning, Evan and Aidan and I trekked from Onawa to Rosalie, Neb. to see my old friend Dick Gustin. He is the local antique dealer and in fact the only remaining business in Rosalie. We continued to encourage him toward Christ for salvation and forgiveness, peace and joy.

I think God is working on his heart.

No comments: